History of Saint Louis College

1948 Msgr. Salvador Lazo, then the parish priest of San Fernando, La Union founded Father Burgos College. The old building stood south of Saint William's Cathedral where the Diocesan Center now stands.
1964 Most Reverend Juan Sison, then the Archbishop of Nueva Segovia and Diocesan Head of San Fernando, Requested the CICM Fathers to take over the ownership and management of Fr. Burgos College.

Father Alfred Spincemaille, CICM was appointed as the first President and chaplain of the College. In 1967, Father Burgos College was renamed as Saint Louis College.

1968 Father Florent Sals was appointed as the 2nd President and Chaplain of the College replacing Father Alfred Spincemaille, who was appointed as Assistant procurator of the CICM in Quezon City.
 1971 Father Gerard de Boeck, CICM was Appointed as the 3rd President and Chaplain of the College.
 1979 Father Hank Van Vught, CICM, was designated as the Chaplain.
 1986 Father James Desmet, CICM, was designated as fulltime Chaplain of the College.
 1987 Dr. Josefa P. Baladad, was appointed as the 4th President of the College, replacing Father Gerard de Boeck, who retired, from service.
1991 Father James Desmet, CICM was appointed as Officer-in-Charge of the College.
1992 Father Daniel Orpilla, CICM was appointed as the 5th President of the College.
1994 Dr. Josefa P. Baladad was re-appointed as the 6th President of the College.
1999 Dr. Remedio F. Marinas was appointed as the 7th President of the College.
2005 Dr. Norma P. Rutab was appointed as the 8th President of the College.
2007 Fr. Gilbert B. Sales, CICM was appointed the 9th SLC President.